Mount Semeru Hike – East Java Indonesia. Who is not familiar with Mount Semeru, Mount Semeru is the highest volcano in Java Indonesia has a height of 3,676 meters from sea level that is very popular for hikers and nature lovers, even conquered Mount Semeru Can be said to be a dream.
Administratively, Mount Semeru is included in two districts, namely Malang and Lumajang regencies. This mountain is included within the area of Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park which can be accessed through the main route of Ranupane village. Mount Semeru has become one of the most climbed volcanoes.
What is the difficulty level of Semeru Hike
As the highest mountain in Java Island, the peak of Mount Semeru is not easy to reach. The difficulty level of Mount Semeru Hike is not just a challenging hiking trail, the weather also becomes a success factor for completing the climb. Although Semeru Trekking trails can be considered quite challenging, you do not need technical rock climbing/special skills of climbing but good durability is absolutely necessary because we need about 8-9 hours daily climbing.
Therefore, when climbing Semeru should prepare physical, mental, and equipment and supplies, you also need to pay attention to the natural condition before climbing Mount Semeru.
Mount Semeru Hiking Tour 2D1N Itinerary
DAY I: Surabaya/Malang – Ranu Kumbolo – Kalimati
Pick up at airport/station/Hotel in Malang/Surabaya in the morning, heading to Ranu Pani village in Lumajang with 4 hours journey through the route of Cemoro Lawang Probolinggo or 5 hours by route of Tumpak, Malang. During the drive to Ranupane village medical check-up in first.
After arriving at the Ranupane village, preparation logistics and the climbing permit then start the hike towards Ranu Kumbolo which takes approximately 4-5 hours walking, arriving in the Kumbolo Ranu break and prep lunch while enjoying the beauty in the Lake Ranu Kumbolo.
Preparation departs to Kalimati for 4-5 hours then rest and set up a tent for overnight.
DAY 2: Semeru Summit – Ranu Pane Village – Malang/Surabaya
At 01.00 o’clock in the morning climbing to the top Mahameru begins with carrying equipment as needed with the condition of the body must fit, to take the peak Mahameru which is the highest peak in the island of Java we will need time for 3-5 hours of travel, after enjoying the beauty at the top of Semeru back to camp in Arcopodo/Kalimati for breakfast and preparations back to Ranu Pani village with a break in the Ranu Kumbolo. The journey takes approximately 9 hours. After arriving in Ranu Pani then take a vehicle back to Malang/Surabaya and the Semeru hiking tour 2d1n is completed.
The trek from Ranupane Village to the Kalimati Basecamp is 15km. The trek from Kalimati Basecamp to the Summit is around 900m ascent on a steep ash slope.
Mount Semeru Hiking Tour Price 2D1N
If interested, please answer by contacting us to know the price of Mount Semeru Hiking Tour 2D1N, the price we will offer has the following facilities:
- Private Land Transportation to and from Surabaya or Malang (Airport/Train Station/Hotel)
- Mountain Guide + Porters for equipment
- Tent, Mattress and Sleeping Bags
- Entrance Fee for Mt.Semeru National Park
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trek
- Medical check-up fee for Semeru trekking in local hospital
- Flights and Airport Tax
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Other Personal Expenses (Paying for other tours)
- Driver/Guide/Porter Tips
Tips for Semeru Hike
Mount Semeru is different from Mount Bromo, but it is in one area. Mount Semeru is the highest mountain in Java and ranks No. 4 on the highest mountain in Indonesia. To reach the top of Mount Semeru you must climb the fastest 2 days.
Here are some Tips on Semeru Hike.
1. The best time to climb Semeru is May-July (Lavender season). But every year Semeru is always open from April/May to December except under certain conditions.
2. If you are a foreign tourist then book a tour package, preferably facilitated with all the logistic and equipment. Includes a guide. Do not try to hike yourself without complete facilities because it is very complicated.
3. If you are climbers with peaks as a destination, set up for 3D2N. So you don’t rush and climb is not so hard.
See the details here = = > Semeru Climbing Tour 3 Days 2 Nights
4. Before you decide to go here. Please check the Semeru volcano situation. Is it open or closed? Because the climb of Semeru is always closed during the rainy season (January-March/April) and in certain situations are very dangerous to visit.
5. Prepare the camera, because you need to capture your adventure in Semeru.
You May Also Like :