Mount Bromo Tour – or commonly called the Bromo volcano (2,329 m) is one of the active volcanoes in Java which is the main destination for tourists from various countries who come to Indonesia besides Mt. Semeru, Ijen Crater and Mount Merapi.
The uniqueness of the form of Mount Bromo is a recognizable characteristic that has a broad caldera of fine volcanic sand with an area of about 10 km in diameter that surrounds the entire area.
How to reach Mount Bromo
The main access point is through the village of Cemoro Lawang Ngadisari Probolinggo besides passing through Tosari Pasuruan, Senduro Lumajang and Ngadas Tumpang Malang. Ngadisari Village, is the entrance to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park, which has a lot of decent housing and is close to the location of Bromo.
Mount Bromo is the most accessible mountain without having to climb a heavy path to reach its peak. Therefore, this mountain has always been a destination for many domestic and foreign tourists, some who come alone or in package groups.
Towards Bromo by plane
The closest major airport is in Surabaya, East Java, which can be the main reference for tourists coming from outside the area to overseas. Arriving at Surabaya Juanda Airport then three to four hours drive by private car to Bromo. The drop-off fee is around IDR 850,000 – 950,000 (for cars with air conditioning, including fuel and tolls).
Abdul Rachman Saleh Airport in Malang is a small regional airport that can be an option if you are with flights from Jakarta and Bali and other major cities in Indonesia. Access from here is in the same direction as Semeru climbing route when entering the Bromo Semeru Tengger National Park via the Tumpang / Ngadas route.
To get Bromo by train
There is a train station in Probolinggo. 1 hour drive to Bromo area. Many tourists who come to Bromo from Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Bandung go directly to the nearest station to Bromo. But other alternatives can be through Surabaya or Malang station.
Go to Bromo by public transportation
This is not recommended even though there is also a bus terminal in probolinggo because when you arrive at the probolinggo terminal it is still difficult to find a vehicle that is ready to depart at any time to Bromo unless you are a charterer.
When Should Visit Mount Bromo
The best time to visit Mount Bromo is during the summer / dry season. The temperature in the Tengger caldera can drop to 0 C to below at night, but normally only up to 5-10 C. Daytime temperatures are usually quite pleasant 15 C to 20 C. However, if the weather is cloudy or windy, it can be very cold and disturbing because it is dusty, so bring a windproof and waterproof jacket and the right shoes to the mask.
Rainy season – November to March with periods of high intensity rain in January and February many parts of the road terrain are inaccessible because floods, landslides and damaged roads are a real problem that often occurs. And the dry season – April – October.
Tour from Surabaya or Malang
From Surabaya or Malang, there are many tour package options offered ranging from Bromo tour package for 1 day (midnight), 2 days 1 night or can be combined with other tourist attractions around Bromo for example Madakaripura Waterfall, Tumpak Sewu Waterfall, Ijen Crater, Ranu Crater Kumbolo Semeru etc.
Related Trip :
- Mount Bromo Tumpak Sewu Waterfall Tour 3 Days
- Bromo Ijen Tumpak Sewu Tour 4 Days
- Bromo Ijen Tour 3 Days
- Semeru Trekking 3 Days
- Bromo Semeru Trekking 4 Days
Tour from Yogyakarta
If you want to do a tour to Bromo from Yogyakarta then the best way to do this is to use a train or flight to Malang Surabaya or Probolinggo instead of driving directly by car which takes a lot of time around 11 hours without passing the toll or 6 hours if passing the toll.
What Should Bring to Mount Bromo
Here are the equipment that must be taken when going to Bromo:
– Thick jackets, gloves, scarves, thick socks, shoes and gloves to reduce the cold. Never wear “sandals”. Considering the temperature at Mount Bromo is really unfriendly, very cold.
– Changing clothes and pants. Even if you only take a day trip, it’s best to bring a change of clothes. Clothes that are soiled by dust will reduce comfort when traveling home.
– Flashlight. If you want to enjoy the sunrise on the hilltop, it will start climbing while the sky is still pitch black. Lighting from a flashlight will be very helpful to climb the steep road.
– Masks covering the nose and mouth. Because the Mount Bromo region tends to be sandy and windy. With a mask can protect our nose and mouth from exposure to sand dust which can cause coughing and stinging in the throat.
– Hats to cover your face from the sun. The use of sun block can also reduce sunburn.
– Camera, tripod, battery backup, large capacity memory card + backup. Enchanting beautiful scenery will make you not get bored to slingshot left-right, front-back because wherever you look is extraordinary. Do not let the camera battery runs out halfway or your memory is full, so skip the beautiful scenery from your camera shots.
– Personal medication if you are allergic to cold.
Mount Bromo Permit
The price of admission to Mount Bromo for domestic tourists, the entrance fee has 27,500 IDR in weekdays and 32,500 IDR in weekends.For foreign tourist Price 217.000 IDR if you want to go to Mount Bromo in weekdays. For tourists from abroad will cost 317,500 IDR in weekend.